Tuesday, 8 May 2007

Confession

Once upon a time I worked as a sales droid, peddling photographic equipment to the unwashed masses. Now I am sure it will come as no surprise when I tell you that working in retail kinda sucks. Nevertheless, here is a list of the good things about that position.
  1. I was in charge of valuation, buying and selling secondhand equipment, which meant I got first go at the really good stuff. Of course the pay was so lousy I had no choice but to buy secondhand...
  2. I had the opportunity to use professional gear - Nikon F4, F90x, Canon EOS1, and some brilliant lenses, including the Canon 20MM full-frame fisheye, and a Canon 24MM Tilt/Shift lens. Of course the pay was so lousy I could never afford to purchase any of the gear I used.
  3. Cheap Developing and Processing. Of course the pay was so lousy it had to be cheap.
  4. Meet interesting people. Be abused by them. Get revenge by selling them a Canon Prima Twin S, possibly the worst camera ever made.
  5. Five is a nice round number for a list such as this. Sadly there were only four good things about the position.
Anyway, here is a completely unrelated photo - some UFOs I say flying in formation the other night. Honest.

PS: Ice, Sorry it's not pink.